Monday, June 27, 2011

Selling Pujols? Yup.

I'm very happy with the current state of my team. 

Would it be nice to keep Albert Pujols as a late season possible addition at 3B (Especially a position currently held by Peralta/Polanco)? Duuuuh, of course. The injury kind of sours my plan for my hitters (To use a hot Pujols to help HanRam ease back into my lineup).

After my 10-3 throttling of Dave Cavanagh's first place Lights and Sirens squad, and the subsequent takeover of 1st for myself. The 4/5 seed could be a deadly opponent (See: Spliffs, Cliffs and TSA. Hell Downs too.)

I've decided I can make my run without the help of stalwart slugger Albert Pujols. Very few teams/owners can legitimately make this claim. In return and instant boost to my pitching staff. The Johan Santana Experiment is over (Waiver Wire) and thus I want to try something else. That something is getting Tim Lincecum or Clayton Kershaw.

Sans Pujols, my hitters will be:

- Hanley Ramirez
- Josh Hamilton
- Mike Stanton
- Ben Zobrist
- Howie Kendrick 
- B.J. Upton
- Carlos Pena
- Carlos Santana
- Jhonny Peralta
- Placido Polanco
- Geovany Soto
- Ian Desmond

That's without Pujols mind you.

Good enough to win stats with this pitching staff behind it?

- Felix Hernandez
- Tim Lincecum / Clayton Kershaw
- David Price
- Yovani Gallardo
- Michael Pineda
- Wandy Rodriguez
- Johnny Cueto
- Scott Baker
- Jonathan Sanchez
- Justin Masterson
- Cory Luebke (Spot-starter for now)

Now that I'm in first, I'm looking to fully be able to dominate the pitching stats down the stretch (It takes 8 of the 15 categories in our league too), even if it comes at the expense of my hitters in AUG/SEPT in the playoffs. I think the quality of my other hitters (Especially at 1B - Pena / Zobrist / Kendrick / Santana) will more than offset the loss of Sir Albert.

No comments:

Post a Comment